Join us from 1:00–1:45 p.m. one Wednesday every month for a new topic on financial empowerment for people with disabilities. Each session will include 30 minutes of interactive learning and 15 minutes for questions.
Learn more about the topics we’ll cover, register, and access past recordings and slides below:
Speak Up and Be Counted!
Wednesday, September 16, 2020 from 1:00 – 1:45 p.m.
With the Census and elections coming up, learn why your voice is important and how to ensure that you are heard and counted.
- Kelly Darr, Legal Director at Disability Rights Pennsylvania
- Katie Yost, Manager, Government & Chapter Relations at The Arc of Pennsylvania
This is Not a Game: Protecting Your Benefits and Money by Protecting Your Identity
Wednesday, October 14, 2020 from 1:00 – 1:45 p.m.
With scams and identity theft on the rise, learn how to protect your identity and your money.
- Becky MacDicken, Outreach Specialist for Financial Services at the PA Department of Banking and Securities
Insider Tips on PA ABLE
Wednesday, November 18 from 1:00 – 1:45 p.m.
PA ABLE provides a way to save safely for your day-to-day purchases as well as larger goals, like a home or vacation. Learn the ins and outs of how to make this savings program work for you.
- Josie Badger, Owner of J Badger Consulting Inc. and Director of the national RSA-Parent Training and Information Center technical assistance center (RAISE)
- Diana Fishlock, Field Representative, PA Treasury
- Susan Tachau, Chief Executive Officer, Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation
More details and registration coming soon!