Credit: What It Is and Why It Matters
Wednesday, February 17, 2021 from 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Please contact us if you have any difficulty accessing these materials or to request materials in a different format.
Description: Good credit is important for securing an apartment, a job, and low interest rates on things like car loans and credit cards. But what exactly is credit? And once you know how important credit is, how do you maintain your own credit, and even improve it?
Join us to learn what credit is, why it matters, and some useful tips on how to build good credit from presenters Jason M. Robinson, Vice President/Financial Center Manager III with Univest Bank, and Bonaia Rosado, Senior Program Manager with Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation.
We will also answer common questions about what to consider when deciding whether to borrow money, ways to deal with debt, and how to manage credit cards. Our presenters will share insights from real-life stories of individuals they’ve helped and also personal stories from their own journeys to build good credit. Plenty of time will be left for individual questions.
Attendees will learn:
- Definitions of credit and credit terminology;
- How to read a credit report;
- The effects of good credit and why it is important;
- How to establish credit and how to build good credit; and
- Ways to manage credit challenges.
This session is part of Money Talks, a free webinar series on financial empowerment for people with disabilities hosted by Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation (PATF). Learn more at patf.us/MoneyTalks.
- Jason M. Robinson, Manager, Blue Bell Financial Center of Univest Bank & Trust Corporation – Jason M. Robinson is a Manager in the Blue Bell Financial Center of Univest Bank & Trust Corporation. He joined Univest in 2013 following his graduation from Temple University with a degree in Finance. Jason works with the Financial Center staff to prepare them for helping our clients obtain their financial dreams. He provides daily hands-on service to clients large and small, offering timely, creative solutions to meet their needs.
- Bonaia Rosado, Senior Program Manager, Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation – Bonaia Rosado is Senior Program Manager at Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation (PATF). Bonaia joined PATF in 2012 as an underwriter working to help Pennsylvanians with disabilities, older adults, and their families obtain financial loans for assistive technology. Bonaia works closely with PATF applicants and borrowers — listening to their needs, connecting them with useful referrals, providing financial education, and helping them through each step of PATF’s loan application process. Bonaia is fluent in Spanish and helps with PATF’s education and outreach programs
Return to Webinars