StudyMoney.us and Other Financial Education Resources for People with Disabilities
Wednesday, June 23, 2021 from 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
- Download transcript (PDF)
- Download slides (PDF)
- Visit StudyMoney.us
- Download Cents and Sensibility and PATF’s other financial education materials
Please contact us if you have any difficulty accessing these materials or to request materials in a different format.
Join us to learn about StudyMoney.us, an exciting new financial education website for people with disabilities and families that makes learning about money management fun, effective, and engaging!
StudyMoney.us was originally created in 2017 as a companion to Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation’s book, Cents and Sensibility: A Guide to Money Management, the first comprehensive financial education curriculum developed specifically for people with disabilities. The newly rebuilt StudyMoney.us, launched in May 2021, features new content, a new look, full accessibility, and activities and quizzes to motivate and challenge learners.
Attendees will learn about:
- The topics and content covered in StudyMoney.us and why this information is important for the disability community;
- How StudyMoney.us can best be used by both learners and instructors;
- Fun, informative, and interactive activities available on StudyMoney.us;
- Additional financial education resources available for both learners and instructors; and
- A case study using StudyMoney.us and Cents and Sensibility with college students with disabilities in the Growing Together Aquaponics program.
This session is part of Money Talks, a free webinar series on financial empowerment for people with disabilities hosted by Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation (PATF). Learn more at patf.us/MoneyTalks.
- Susan Tachau, CEO, Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation
- Susie Daily, Communications Director, Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation
- Dr. Robert Arnhold, Professor Emeritus, Slippery Rock University & President, Growing Together Aquaponics