Decision-Making for Adults with Disabilities
Wednesday, April 21, 2021 from 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
- Download Advance Health Care Directive: Health Care Power of Attorney and Living Will (PDF)
- Download Health Care Decision-Making Without Guardianship: The Role of Health Care Representatives (PDF)
- Download Health Care Representative Declaration Fill-In Form (PDF)
- National Resource Center for Supported Decision-Making
- Disability Rights Pennsylvania – Resources on Estate Planning/Substitute Decision-Making/Guardianship
Please contact us if you have any difficulty accessing these materials or to request materials in a different format.
Control over your finances involves making many decisions – for example, when you buy a car, choose an apartment, or negotiate a salary. But you don’t have to make those decisions by yourself – in fact, many of us use a network of support, including family, friends, and trusted advisors. In this webinar we’ll discuss the differences among supported decision-making, representative payee, guardianship, and powers of attorney.
Attendees will learn:
- Different ways people with disabilities can get help in decision-making about health care and money;
- How to incorporate supported decision-making;
- Ways to self-advocate for the control in decisions you want and need; and
- Practical next steps and resources for help.
This session is part of Money Talks, a free webinar series on financial empowerment for people with disabilities hosted by Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation (PATF). Learn more at patf.us/MoneyTalks.
- Kelly Darr, Legal Director at Disability Rights Pennsylvania
- David Gates, Senior Attorney, Pennsylvania Health Law Project
- Nancy Murray, Senior Vice President, Achieva and President, The Arc of Greater Pittsburgh
Return to Webinars