To celebrate Assistive Technology Awareness Month in Pennsylvania, we hosted our fourth annual #MyLifeWithAT2018 Photo Contest throughout November. Assistive technology users were invited to enter a photo showing what they’re doing with their Assistive Technology (AT). Entrants were then asked to tell us in the photo’s caption what kind of AT they use and how it makes a difference for them. They were encouraged to share their entry with friends to gain votes.
Entrants were also encouraged to post their photo on Instagram with the hashtag #MyLifeWithAT2018 for an extra chance to win – every like on their Instagram photo counted as a vote as well.
- Grand Prize: Amazon Echo Show
- Runner-Up Prize: Amazon Echo
- Wild Card Prize: Amazon Echo Dot
As described in the official rules and regulations, a panel of PATF staff chose Grand Prize and Runner-Up winners from the 10 entries with the most votes. A Wild Card winner was to be selected from all the entries.
The panel used the following criteria to determine the winners:
- Grand Prize winner selection was based on the post that most embodied the spirit of #MyLifeWithAT2018. The photo and caption should exemplify something important to the entrant, no matter how big or small, that the entrant was able to do with the help of AT.
- Runner-Up Prize winner was selected based on the post with the most innovative type of or use of AT.
- Wild Card Prize winner selection was also based on a post that embodied the spirit of #MyLifeWithAT2018.
And now, we’re thrilled to announce our winners!
Grand Prize Winner: Seth A.
Runner-Up Prize Winner: Joy P.
Wild Card Winner…
We couldn’t choose just one, so here are four Wild Card Winners whose photos and captions we thought captured unique stories about how assistive technology is really making a difference in their lives.
While the panel felt the winning entries most exemplified the spirit of #MyLifeWithAT2018 through their images and captions, all of the entries were valuable glimpses into each individual’s life, showing the important role assistive technology plays. Take a look at the other entries below:
And visit #MyLifeWithAT2018 to view the photos that were shared on Instagram.
Thank you to all who participated, both by entering and by voting! We’re looking forward to seeing what you’re doing with your assistive technology next year!
Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation is dedicated to helping people with disabilities and older Pennsylvanians acquire the assistive technology they want and need. If you’re having trouble determining how to fund your assistive technology, contact us – we can help you explore your options and find a funding solution.