Federal Student Loan Debt Relief Plan Explained
Tuesday, November 15, 2022 from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Download transcript (PDF)
- Download slides (PDF)
- Visit StudyMoney.us
- Download Cents and Sensibility and PATF’s other financial education materials
Please contact us if you have any difficulty accessing these materials or to request materials in a different format.
Join us for a one-hour webinar where we will provide valuable information to individuals with student loan debt, their families, and supporting professionals on how to receive loan debt relief from the program.
In August 2022, the Federal Government announced a sweeping plan for student loan forgiveness that includes student loan debt relief targeted to low- and middle-income families.
The one-time program will cancel up to $20,000 in student loan debt for borrowers who received a Federal Pell Grant and who were making less than $125,000 or $250,000 for households. For borrowers who did not receive a Pell Grant, but meet the income threshold, they will be eligible for up to $10,000 in debt relief. Now’s the time to take action but for some of us, the application can be overwhelming.
This webinar will cover:
- What the program means to you
- Which loans are eligible
- How to get updates
- Where to find the application
- What you need to complete your application
- How to submit your application
- How to identify and report scams
This session is part of Money Talks, a free webinar series on financial empowerment for people with disabilities hosted by Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation (PATF). Learn more at patf.us/MoneyTalks.
- Erin Ellis, Financial Educator at Philadelphia Federal Credit Union
- Karen Hassett, Financial Education Director, Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation