Free Financial Education Webinar
Part One: Best Practices That Work – Expert Panel Shares Techniques
Hosted by: PA Treasury, PA Department of Banking and Securities, and Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation
Wednesday, January 12, 2022
12:00 – 1:30 p.m.
- Recording coming soon!
- Download slides (PDF) – Live links are included throughout the slide deck to various resources
- Learn more and download PATF’s financial education resources including Cents and Sensibility in English and Spanish, and the Companion Educator Manual
- Visit StudyMoney.us
- Download Money Values worksheet from Dept. of Banking and Securities (Word Doc)
- Download Bank On Certified Accounts in Allegheny County (JPG)
Please contact us if you have any difficulty accessing these materials or to request materials in a different format.
Financial education is important for everyone, including people with disabilities. And there are quite a few topics that fall under financial education – beyond simply budgeting. This webinar is part one of a free series on teaching individuals with disabilities about personal finance.
Part one will feature several speakers who are actively teaching financial education in the disability community. They will discuss the topics they cover, as well as their teaching materials and methods. They will also share their successes, what they have learned, and special considerations.
This webinar will provide valuable information for both families and professionals.
- Becky MacDicken, Outreach Specialist, PA Dept. of Banking and Securities
- Diana Fishlock, Outreach Specialist, PA Treasury
- Susan Tachau, Chief Executive Officer, Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation (PATF)
- Angela Hardin, M&T Bank
- Will Hall, Director of Financial Inclusion, City of Philadelphia
- Jill C. Gromen, MSW, Director of Operations, JEVS Human Services
- Dr. Bob Arnhold, President, Growing Together Aquaponics