An important part of our mission is providing financial education to people with disabilities. Our education efforts help people make more informed decisions about managing their personal finances and take control of their financial future.
Cents and Sensibility:
A Guide to Money Management, 7th edition
As part of our financial education mission, we wrote a book called Cents and Sensibility: A Guide to Money Management. Our pilot programs that used this book as a teaching manual taught us that all people, including those without disabilities, can benefit from this information. Everyone needs to understand how to manage their money so that their money doesn’t manage them!
We are now on our 7th edition of Cents and Sensibility.
The 7th edition in Spanish will be available soon.
Please use the following links to access Cents and Sensibility:
- Download Cents and Sensibility, 7th edition (508 Compliant PDF)
- Download El dinero y la sensatez (Cents and Sensibility), 6th edition – Spanish Version (PDF)
- Download Investing For My Future: A Supplement to Cents and Sensibility, 7th edition (508 Compliant PDF)
- Contact us to request a print copy of Cents and Sensibility
- Interactive online version: StudyMoney.us
StudyMoney: An online companion to Cents and Sensibility
This website follows the content of Cents and Sensibility and provides the most current information to support what is contained in the book with knowledge checks at the conclusion of each topic. StudyMoney also includes interactive versions of all the activities, so users can fill them online and math calculations are completed automatically where required. The activities are individually downloadable as a fillable PDF and are printable.
Cents and Sensibility Educator Companion Manual, 2nd Edition
The Cents and Sensibility Educator Companion Manual was developed by a team of educators to accompany the award-winning Cents and Sensibility: A Guide to Money Management with accommodations for classroom use. While we strongly believe all students should receive a high-quality financial education, we know students with disabilities have unique financial education needs. This manual helps teachers develop relevant lessons and activities for students with and without disabilities on topics such as earning income, saving, and using financial services.
Please use the following links to access the educator manual:
- Download Cents and Sensibility Educator Companion Manual, 2nd Edition (PDF)
- Download blank and fillable Supplemental Activity Worksheets from each chapter (PDF)
- Download Cents and Sensibility Educator Companion Slides (PDF)
- Download Cents and Sensibility Educator Companion Slides (PowerPoint)
- Contact us to request a print copy of the Educator Companion Package (includes hole-punched copy of manual and slides)
Money Talks: A Free Webinar Series on Financial Empowerment for People with Disabilities
Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation (PATF) presents Money Talks, a free webinar series on financial empowerment for people with disabilities. We started Money Talks at a time when many people were working and learning from home, and we wanted to provide an opportunity to increase your financial knowledge and skills.
If you are a person with a disability, a family member of someone who has a disability, an advocate, an educator, or a service provider, this series is for you.
Financial Fundamentals: Discussion Starters for Youth
As of 2022, nearly 1 in 4 students had access to a personal finance class*. We are proud to offer a guide which helps youth/young adults with disabilities and their families begin the conversation about their financial future. This guide is used by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Bureau of Special Education and PaTTAN.
*Source: NGPF – 2022 Annual Report